Skip to content
Listed here are the latest Texas Rangers roster moves.
Friday September 18th
- One of the Rangers top pitching prospects Ricky Vanasco is scheduled to undergo Tommy John surgery on his right-elbow.
- Josh Jung has been given time off since he has been at the alternate training site since the season began. The Arizona Instructional league is set to begin next month.
Thursday September 17th
- RHP Luis Garcia was designated for assignment on Tuesday, cleared waivers and was granted free agency.
Tuesday September 15th
- Willie Calhoun is activated from the IL.
- DeMarcus Evans was called up, finally.
- Luis García was designated for assignment.
- The Rangers signed Andrew Romine to a minor league contract.
Saturday September 12th
- Shortstop Elvis Andrus is placed on the IL for his lingering back injury.
- 3rd Baseman, Sherten Apostel has his contract purchased and is making his major league debut.
- Right-handed pitcher, Luke Farrell was recalled from the Alternate site.
Thursday September 10th
- Rangers have selected the contract of Sam Huff.
- Outfielder Scott Heineman optioned to the Alternate Training Site.
Sunday September 6th
- LHP Joely Rodriguez has been placed on the 10-day IL with a left hamstring strain.
- RHP Jesse Chavez has been activated from the 10-day IL.
- INF Yadiel Rivera cleared waivers and was assigned outright to the Rangers Alternate Training Site. He was designated for assignment on Friday.
Friday September 4th
- John King was called up from the alternate site to make his Major League Debut.
- Yadiel Rivera was designated for assignment.
- Jake Latz was added to the Rangers 60-man player pool.
Tuesday September 1st
- Luke Farrell activated from IL and moved to the alternate site.
- Davis Wendzel, Bubba Thompson and Steele Walker added to the 60-man player pool.
Monday August 31st: Trade deadline 3 PM CST
- Rangers trade Mike Minor to the Division rival Athletics for two PTBNL.
- Robinson Chirinos and Todd Frazier AKA The Toddfather were traded to the Mets.
- The Rangers send Rougned Odor to the IL and will activate Elvis Andrus. Anderson Tejeda, Eli White and John King will be called up.
Sunday August 30th
Friday August 28th
- Danny Santana placed on 10-day IL retro to 8/27 with a right elbow sprain.
- 1B Ronald Guzman recalled from Alternate Training Site.
Thursday August 27th
- INF-OF Rob Refsnyder, who was DFA’d on Monday, has been assigned outright to the Rangers Alternate Training Site.
Wednesday August 26th
- Nick Goody was activated from the 10-day IL.
- Ian Gibaut was assigned to the alternate site.
Tuesday August 25th
- Catcher Blake Swihart was released from the alternate site.
Monday August 24th