Frisco, TX – The Frisco RoughRiders defeated the San Antonio Missions 8-7 in walk-off fashion on Saturday night in front of a crowd of 7,432.
The RoughRiders held a pre-game ring ceremony to commemorate their 2022 Texas League Championship. Former RoughRiders manager Jared Goedert and RoughRiders owner Chuck Greenberg were in attendance to present the rings to the former players. It was also military appreciation night.
Right-hander Nick Krauth started for the RoughRiders and went 3.2 innings, allowing five runs on five hits. The RoughRiders trailed 7-2 after five innings, but they rallied to tie the game in the bottom of the ninth inning.
The game remained in the Missions favor until the bottom of the ninth inning when Saggese hit a grand slam to tie the game at 7-7 and ultimately send it to extra innings.
Nick Starr held the Missions scoreless in the top of 10th inning. The RoughRiders won the game on a single by Luisangel Acuña in the bottom of the inning. With the win, the RoughRiders improve to 21-27 on the season.
- RHP Nick Krauth (1-2, 3.32) started for the RoughRiders against RHP Duncan Snider (0-3, 3.89) for the Missions.
- Krauth pitched 3.2 innings, allowing 5 runs on 5 hits, 2 walks and 1 strikeout. He threw 58 pitches -35 for strikes.
- Jax Biggers got the scoring started for the RoughRiders in the bottom of the 2nd with a 2- run single.
- Thomas Saggese hit a game-tying grand slam in the bottom of the 9th inning which sent the game to extra innings.
- Dustin Harris, Nick Tanielu and Jax Biggers each had a two-hit game.
- The RoughRiders lead minor-league baseball with 7 grand slams on the season.
In other news….Evan Carter, the Rangers top prospect, was placed on the development list today to give him some rest. Per beat reporter Kennedi Landry,he’s expected back next week.
The RoughRiders will look to start a new win streak when they continue their series against the Missions on Saturday night. First pitch is set for 7:05 PM CT with Tekoah Roby set to take the mound.