The RoughRiders are coming off a series split of three games a piece against Bobby Witt Jr. and the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. They will look to better against the Corpus Christi Hooks (Astros) at Whataburger Field. They’ll do that with the help of their top prospect Josh Jung and their top pitching prospect, Cole Winn.
The Corpus Christi Hooks have a 16-19 record which puts them in fourth place currently in the Double-A Central. The RoughRiders maintain first place with their 21-14 record. Both teams are 5-5 in their last ten games.
Players to keep an eye on
Josh Jung makes his Double-A debut for the RoughRiders.
Josh Stowers’ bat has been heating up recently. Let’s see if he can continue that in this series. He is currently hitting .193 with 6 home runs and 12 RBI. Steele Walker shares the team lead in home runs at 6.
Ryan Dorow is hitting .345 with 5 home runs and 15 RBI and 1.027 OPS.
For the Hooks, keep an eye on Pedro Leon and Korey Lee who just got a promotion to Double-A.
Some team stats
The pitching match-ups
The pitching match-ups will be announced later but we know that Cole Winn (2-2, 2.87) is starting game one on Tuesday.
- Game one: Tuesday June 15, Cole Winn (2-2, 2.87)
- Game two: Wednesday June 16: Hans Crouse (0-1, 3.46)
- Thurs 6/17: Yerry Rodriguez (0-1, 2.76)
- Thurs 6/17: Noah Bremer (1-1, 7.88)
- Fri 6/18: Jake Latz (1-0, 2.89)
- Sat 6/19: AJ Alexy (1-0, 0.93)
- Sun: TBD
- Tues: LHP Parker Mushinski (0-1, 7.85)
- Wed: RHP J.P. France (3-2, 3.64)
- Thurs: LHP Jonathan Bermudez (2-2, 3.81)
- Thurs: RHP, Joe Record (0-0, 5.32)
- Fri: RHP, Hunter Brown (0-3, 6.05)
- Sat 6/19: Parker Mushinski (0-1, 5.92)
- Sun: TBD