The Midland RockHounds are coming to Riders Field for a six-game series against the first place Frisco RoughRiders. The RoughRiders have a 21-9 record at home this season and will be looking to move their current 10-game win-streak to 11. If they push it to 11 games, it would be a franchise record.
With their 10-game win streak the RoughRiders are 10-0 in their last 10 games. The RockHounds have a 3-7 record in their last 10 games.
Let’s take a look at some team numbers.
Players to watch
Every starting pitcher. There really isn’t a team that can match-up with Frisco from start to start. Cole Winn and AJ Alexy are just a couple that have been dominant. Cole Uvila and Nick Snyder are excellent coming out of the bullpen. Cole Uvila has 8 Saves in eight opportunities. Nick Snyder just got promoted to Double-A recently but I’ve seen him reach up to 99 mph. Think of another
Josh Stowers: Stowers was part of the Rougned Odor trade. He’s got some power that he hid in the month of May but has really showed it in June. He’s hit 7 of his 8 home runs, and has a 1.045 OPS in June.
Josh Jung: Jung has impressed early into his season. He’s played in 10 games and is hitting .293/.341/.537/.877 with 3 home runs, 12 RBI, 3 walks and 9 strikeouts.
Nick Allen: the number 3 ranked prospect in the A’s system. He is hitting .333/.383/.483/.866 in 147 at bats.
Logan Davidson: ranked as the Athletics number 5 prospect. Over his last 5 games he is hitting .444/.500/.444/.944 with 1 RBI and two walks.
The pitching match-ups
Frisco RoughRiders probables for the Midland RockHounds series.
- Tuesday June 29th: RHP Yerry Rodriguez (0-1, 3.55)
- Wednesday June 30th: LHP Jake Latz (1-0, 4.09)
- Thursday July 1st: RHP Ronny Henriquez (0-0, 8.49)
- Friday July 2nd: RHP Cole Winn (2-3, 2.27)
- Saturday July 3rd: RHP Hans Crouse (1-1, 4.26)
- Sunday July 4th: Yerry Rodriguez
- Tuesday June 29th: RHP Bryce Conley (3-4, 5.52)
- Wednesday June 30th: LHP Ty Damron (0-2, 7.15)
- Thursday July 1st: RHP Kyle Friedrichs (0-2, 6.95)
- Friday July 2nd: RHP Brady Feigl (5-3, 3.93)
- Saturday July 3rd: LHP Jared Koenig (3-1, 2.86)
- Sunday July 4th: TBD
Tuesdays are Eric Nadel’s Tuesday tunes. Remy Reilly is set to perform.
Wednesday is Weiner Wednesday so come hungry.
Thursday is thirsty Thursday so you’ll find discounted drinks. It is also Truly Party at the Yard with drink specials beyond the outfield and also a DJ.
Friday is Fireworks Friday.
Saturday is Sky-Lit Saturday presented by Lexus.
Every Sunday is for the kids which features themes that are kid friendly.